Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Surprise

Monday I got a nice little surprise...after a few of my classes were canceled and I packed my things for my meeting in Managua for Tuesday morning, guess who showed up at on my doorstep?!  Frank!  He was also going to the meeting in Managua, but had me convinced that he was meeting up with another PCV that night and was busy.  BUT, he came to visit me :)  I was so happy to say the least.  I still had my adults English class that night, but only 2 people showed up and they insisted that I hang out with Frank so they could have more time to study for tonight's class.

We headed to Managua yesterday for our meeting which was for the Peer Support Network (PSN).  The PSN is a group of PCVs that support other PCVs through charlas during training on coping with stress, alcohol awareness, etc.  Also, our phone numbers are available to all PCVs if they need someone to talk to.  We work with the medical officers to assist PCVs in finding accurate information or assistance as well as assist the medical officers in providing support to the PCVs.  It's a great program and I'm glad to now be a part of it--it doesn't hurt that I get to see Frank too ;)

Since the meeting went until the late afternoon, PC had us stay in a hotel in Managua.  This was super fun because it's been awhile since I've stayed in a hotel, and one with hot water!  We hung out with the new PSN members and got to know each other over dinner and drinks.  We really had a great time and I'm glad I got to meet these super fun people!

Today we all woke up and didn't want to leave our air conditioned rooms, but knew the luxury had to end sometime...  We had breakfast at the hotel and parted ways at the bus terminal.  I got home and took another show because of all the sweating I did on the bus.  Yikes!  Then I taught my kids English class.  They always get here so stinkin' early--it drives me crazy! haha  I'm just not used to people arriving early, and then having kids playing around while I'm eating lunch/dinner and getting my things together.  Oh well.  I'm thankful they still come to class :)

Last year today I was in Washington DC for PC staging.  Right now we were going out to dinner with other PCVs--our last American dinner and what some called our "Last supper" :P  Silly, but oh that food still lingers in my taste buds and makes me salivate.  I remember feeling so nervous hoping that I was doing the right thing, making the right decision about moving to a foreign country to 2 years and 3 months.  The people in my group seemed fun so I was thinking that I was in for a good experience.  I was right.

1 comment:

  1. I bet he's full of surprises..What a sweet boyfriend you have....

    ReplyDelete