Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Kids!

I know I already posted today, buuuut, I wanted to share some pictures of my kids English class that I have.  Today another kid showed up, but I'm not quite sure what to do.  I originally set this class to be from ages 7-10, and then the two neighbor girls who originally asked about a class, well one is 6 and the other is 7.  Ok, that was fine.  Then a friend of my host mom brought her 11 year old daughter.  Ok, sure.  So this little boy is standing outside of the house with a backpack on while I'm giving class and I ask him if he's coming in.  He's obviously shy and kind of walks away but then I see his dad's arms and hear his voice prodding him to come inside.  The other kids know him and he didn't look that young, but apparently he's 4.  He said he turns 5 in December.  Hmmm.  I asked him if he knew his phone number because I have collected numbers just in case and he told me "44".  I asked, "That's it?" and he said "yep".  haha  I couldn't help but giggle (I'm still giggling actually).  I thought he was cute and let him stay, but then I soon realized that he can't write so one of the girls was copying some vocabulary into a notebook for him, AND, he can't read, so I'm really not sure why she was copying for him anyway...  This causes some problem because we do things and write things down, not a lot of things, but it's good to write down vocabulary so the students can take their notebooks home and practice with their parents.  Well, I'm just gonna have to think about this.  I told myself that I would give him a couple classes to see how he does and then decide if I need to talk to his parents. 

Besides that, my students are doing really well with remembering words and phrases.  They remembered all of the colors they learned last Thursday.  That's more than I can say for my adult class ha!  No, they're great too, but they don't study :P

Anyway, here are some pictures from today's class.  I drew a picture (and made copies) to have them color things in to practice colors with the names of the colors in English.

1 comment:

  1. Very adorable...Lots of smiles on the kids faces , and on ours.Great job sweetie..Love ya

    ReplyDelete