Sunday, August 28, 2011

Surprise Craziness

This morning I laid in bed for quite awhile, drifting in and out of sleep, hitting the snooze at least 15 times, and responding to text messages that disrupted my slumber.  Frank and I were up late chatting and me not being a morning person, needed to make sure I got a solid amount of sleep.  When I finally wandered into the kitchen, Jasser told me that the president was coming to Boaco for a rally.  I got excited because I wanted to see him and take pictures.  Well, he didn't come (just like last time when apparently he was supposed to come), but there was a big parade through the streets which passed in front of our house and I got lots of pictures from that.  It's kind of weird because there were so many kids and young people involved, but I guess this nation has a lot of young people and they are very involved in politics.  I'm not sure if they know what they're "fighting" for, but that happens in the States too.  I think it's just all the excitement of holding a flag, dressing up, and being in a parade.  Anyway, here are some pictures of the parade.  There were TONS of people flooding the streets.


They were hanging up a pinata here.  I think it was of the opposing party's candidate.









No comments:

Post a Comment