Wednesday, August 10, 2011

5 minutes of rain

It was a scorcher again today.  I saw 94 degrees on the thermometer inside my bedroom and the sun was ever so strong.  Now at 10:30pm, it says 91 degrees in my bedroom. Yuck.  It did rain today though, but only for 5 minutes.  Our back patio is a little cooler so I sat in my hammock chair and read a magazine for awhile.

Highlight of the day: I Skyped with my best friend, Laura, from back home for over an hour.  It was so great to be able to talk to her and SEE her :)  She is preggo and it's so exciting to hear about all she's going through and it was fun seeing her little belly.  I'm sad that I won't get to be there for the whole experience and I probably won't meet her little one until he/she is almost a year old, but I'm so very thankful for Skype which has kept me in touch with so many family and friends.  Wow, I should get paid for this advertising ;)  Anyway, it was a wonderful conversation and I'm hoping for more in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment