Friday, August 26, 2011

Starting the morning off right

It's crazy how exercise can change so much about you--attitude, self-esteem, energy, etc.  I'm not a morning person and I surely don't try to hide it.  I usually wake up groggy, walk around with my eyes half shut hoping that morning won't come if I don't let it in.  Eventually though, I give in because the day is coming, and every activity and obligation that comes with it, whether I like it or not.  Now this week has changed, for the better :)  I've been getting up early, before all of my other obligations, and exercising at home.  It has really helped having my host mom working out with me because of the accountability--I don't want to let her down and she's pretty excited about the exercise too.  It's even pretty motivating because she keeps telling me how skinny I am and asks me how I can exercise, walk home from the instituto and run errands around town without being tired.  It makes me feel more confident and not so lazy to hear all that.

Today I have a meeting in Managua--the regional director of PC Central America is in Nicaragua and some of us PCVs have been invited to meet with him.  I'm looking forward to it.  I'm not sure what I might ask him or talk to him about, but I think it will be a cool opportunity to at least hear what he has to say.  Anyway, I worked out this morning with my host mom, took a shower, and I feel ready for the day!  Usually when I'm going to Managua I'm still in a zombie-like phase heading to the bus terminal and I swim in and out of dreams on the way into Managua.  I might still take a nap, but at least I feel good, awake, and happy :)  Here's to starting more mornings off right!

No comments:

Post a Comment