Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Birthday

I spent my birthday in Managua today.  I went into the PC office to pick up some things & get a check up from the doctors about my swollen lymph nodes.  Frank met me at the office and we went out to lunch for my birthday.  There's a good Taiwanese place near the office, a little pricey for our volunteer budget, but times like these allow a little splurging.  We got chicken chow mein, wantans, and potstickers.  Frank had never had potstickers and I love those little things so it was quite a treat :)  After a delicious lunch, we walked over the mall and checked out a new gelato place.  It was a nice way to finish off our meal.  Lovely.  After wrapping up things in the office and getting another blood test (me) we took a taxi to the bus terminal and parted ways. 

My inbox was flooded with birthday greetings and messages filled with love.  I am so thankful for all the support I have and for the wonderful family and friends in my life.  It is really encouraging to read these messages, especially when I am so far away from many people I love and miss dearly.  You are all in my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment