Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Chill Bumps


Ok, so I didn't work out today, but I did sweat.  Does that count?  I feel like I accomplished enough to say that the day was successful :)  This morning I literally had to drag myself out of bed because I was feeling just oh so comfy and my eyes were not wanting to open.  After I received a couple text messages and peering through one half close eye so to not wake myself entirely (the nerve of those people sending me text before 9am haha), I decided to arise from my slumber and start the day.  I got a slow start, letting the familiar voices of Friends wake me up.  Perfect start to the day if you ask me :)

After fighting off the ants in the kitchen, yes, we have a slight invasion (yuck!), I retreated to my room and started thinking about working out.  That’s the first step.  But then I couldn’t bring myself to actually change and put on the dvd.  Ugh!  Why am I so unmotivated?  Well, I decided to clean and organize my room since that’s what I tend to do when I’m avoiding things hehe

I always feel so refreshed after organizing because I feel like I accomplished something great—my room looks so much better afterwards and I know everything is in its place.  Right now I have a lot of things piling up in my room because of a couple workshops coming up.  I always end up storing everything for those…Also, Jasser has me storing a load of things for the upcoming baptism of baby Dylan.  So, it kinda stresses me out seeing all these things making a mess of my room.  Well, I decided to put all of Jasser’s things under my bed.  They’re in bags and boxes so they should be fine.  Then, I organized all the workshop stuff and put them in bags & boxes.  I went through all my drawers to organize my clothes and sifted through a few things to donate to the free box in the volunteer lounge at the PC office.  I have picked up some great finds there so I figured I could return the favor to someone else.  I will be leaving most of my clothes in that box when I leave. Anyway, I cleaned and organized and I do feel much better.  It still needs some work, but it’s the best I can do for now.  

After all of this work, I headed over to my host uncle’s (one of my cp’s) house to practice English with him.  He had asked me to meet with him once a week.  My aunt made me gallo pinto and coffee during our chat.  While we sat out on the front porch and discussed English grammar, I soaked in the nice breeze on the strangely cool & overcast day.  In my house it’s always HOT HOT HOT.  However, up on the hill, you can feel the breezes as the air sweeps through the house.  Their house isn’t connected to any other house so that keeps it cooler as well.  At one point during our conversation, I started feeling my nose get cold and looked down to see chill bumps on my arm.  I pointed this out to my host uncle and we had a discussion about the different names for these.  What an amazing feeling, being cold here.  It was wonderful.  I haven’t had chill bumps (or goose bumps/skin) in quite awhile.  We didn’t sit out there too much longer because the food was ready.  It made me enjoy my hot coffee even more this time though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment