Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Finding my inner child

I was reminded today of why I chose to become an elementary school teacher.  I certainly thrive off the energy and giggles of little kids.  Today was my first kids English class.  Eight kids arrived early (what?!  Is that even possible in Nicaragua) and we walked over to my counterparts house to have class.  We set up little tables and chairs and things began.  They seemed a bit nervous, but opened up as the minutes ticked away.  We did a couple moving activities and as soon as I saw some smiles and heard some giggles my heart melted.  I was having fun and playing right along with my students.  This is what I love to do :)  I'm definitely excited to continue this class even though I know it won't be easy all the time.  Those little kids are just so darn cute!

1 comment:

  1. glad it went so well,keep up the enthusiasm...love you.

    ReplyDelete