Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy October!

October...the last full month we have in Nicalandia.  Wow!  Things are definitely gonna start moving fast now. 

Today also marks 1 1/2 years for Frank & me so happy half anniversary to us! haha

Upcoming events this month:
My friend Melissa's birthday is this weekend so I might go out to her small rural town for a night which will be neat to experience a more rural life out there.  Also, Frank's mom's (Lisa) birthday is this weekend too--so much love & celebration this weekend!  After we finish up community classes, we will have a party & I'll give out certificates.  Then, soon after that is the big party with Nica 54 (our TEFL & environment groups), which will be held here in Boaco :)  We're looking at around 50 people so it's sure to be a good time!  And, my service isn't quite over yet because I'll be giving a charla to the new group--the coping with stress one--I love doing that charla.  After that it will be time for our Close of Service (COS) medical exams in order to get clearance to leave the country.  While I'm in Managua for those I'll be meeting with my APCD (TEFL boss) to have an exit interview as well as with the Country Director, to discuss my service, my resume, and future plans.  Fun, fun!  Then we will have our COS presentation (with both groups) to all PC staff in Managua & a dinner at the Country Director's house after.  Since we'll all be together then, some environment peeps were planning on a little rendezvous at the Laguna de Apoyo, so we'll see how that pans out.  Then it will be back to site for me and hanging out getting things packed up while the elections take place...we'll most likely be on Standfast again at least for a couple days to make sure we're in our sites & safe.  Election time can be a little crazy, but hopefully not too bad this year!

Ok, here's to the last full month of service!  Let's make it a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment