Monday, October 22, 2012

400!

Ok, so this post marks my 400th blog.  Crazy!  I gotta find a website or something where I can "publish" my blog to keep forever and ever!  I'm sure it will be fun to read to the kids someday :)

House Hoppin'

Today I got a lot of things done before I had to hop on a bus at 10am to go check out some houses for a new volunteer coming to the Boaco area.  I did my laundry, got the mail, dropped off a report to the superintendent, and then headed out to Camoapa.  I surprised myself at how much I could accomplish in the morning haha  Anyway, I met up with Melissa and we went around Camoapa to check four different houses (well rooms in 4 houses) to see if they met safety regulations from Peace Corps and to see how the family dynamic was.  We decided that one of the houses was a really good fit for a future PCV so we finished and got lunch.  We met up with another PCV who is going to try to help me sell my laptop before I leave--hope that works out!  Then, we came back to Boaco to hang out and sell our extras before we leave Nicaragua.

The house checks was a neat experience because we got to see different living spaces and talk to families to check things out and be all official.  I enjoyed it and meeting the different families.  I hope that the new volunteer will like the house and family we chose because the room is pretty decent in Nicaraguan terms and the family is super sweet.  The lady even gave us all mandarin oranges straight off her tree in the patio :)

2 comments:

  1. 400.....wow...I know I have read them all more than just a few times....so I have read well over a 1,000 blogs....yeah me..jk....Good job with the blogs thou...will definitely have to find out how to print them out into a book..Glad you got to see how fun it is to get up and at it for the day early..You really can get a lot accomplished.Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've seen a few things online about printing blogs, but I'll have to do more research when I get home :)

    ReplyDelete