Friday, October 12, 2012

Never seen that before!

Well I thought I had seen everything, right?  After being in Nicaragua for over two years and only a month left of my service, I didn't think there would be much to see out of the "ordinary", but I was proved wrong today.  I walked into a pharmacy to ask about a medicine and smelt some cigarette smoke, only to see the pharmacist put down her cigarette in an ash tray on the counter and help the people waiting in line.  I stood there and stared as the smoke drifted up from the cigarette and swirled in the breeze toward my nose.  Well, isn't that ironic?  Buy your medicine and inhale smoke at the same time.  Lovely.  I know they aren't quite up to the same cigarette laws as we have in the States, but this seemed a little too extreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment