Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I'm gonna be a star!

Ok, not really a star per say, but today I began recording my voice for my friend's (Monica) phonetics textbooks that she created for a university here.  I encouraged her to record a cd to accompany the textbooks and she asked me if I wanted to record my voice and so that's what we did.  Today was the first recording day and three hours later we got through 18 pages, which was actually the first "book" to go along with the phonetics class.  It was a really fun experience and we're going to continue on Friday.  It was harder than I thought it was going to be since reading things with a serious face makes you laugh and pronouncing things correctly while reading aloud is not always easy.  We took some fun pictures and even recorded a bit of video while being silly in the sound booth.  It was great!  Anyway, it was a neat experience and I'm looking forward to continuing on Friday.  I'm definitely gonna have to get a copy of the books for future teaching and the cd to show off my English pronunciation haha ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment