Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Skype date with Dyland

I finally got the change to download Skype onto my host family's laptop--it's always being occupied, but this morning it was free!  So, I downloaded Skype and even made a username for Jasser.  He wasn't here so I took a picture of Dyland and put it as his profile picture. 

This was the best I could get because he kept wiggling

Dyland liked seeing himself on the computer and we were playing so I figured I would try out Skype with Dyland.  I set him in the chair in front of the laptop in the kitchen and I set up my Skype in my room and started talking to him.  He thought it was hilarious, but was a little confused because he could hear me from my room as well as on the laptop.  He kept looking at me on the computer screen, then turning around to see me, so I would jump out of my doorway to surprise him.  He loved that!  Then he thought it would be fun to watch me say hi to him on the screen, then run into my room to see me in person, then run back to the computer and repeat the whole game.  It got a little exhausting, but it was fun to hear him laugh and play a little. 

I hope it won't be too sad when I call my host family later on down the road and Dyland goes looking for me in my room.  I hope he'll just have good memories of his auntie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment