Sunday, November 4, 2012

Melting away

Today begins the last full week I have here in Nicaragua & it's Election day (mayoral elections that is).  I'll be going to Managua this week for a couple PC things, but also Frank's dad is visiting--just in the nick of time, right?  Then the next week will be my very last week where I'll be leaving on Thursday, Nov. 15.  Can't wait!  I'm getting kinda stir crazy right now since the days are slowing melting away as I organize, pack, clean, repeat.  It doesn't help that we're stuck in our sites because of the elections.  Nothing too crazy has been happening so far, but I'm thankful for that since I wanna get out of here without any problems. 

My room is starting too look bare since I took down everything from the walls and cleared out the cubbies in my desk.  Now I'm just anxious to leave.  It always happens this way.  I pack and organize and get rid of things and figure out what exactly I'm taking with me, then my bags are parked by the door and I still have more than a week left to stare at every little thing in my room hoping to pack it up but only to remember that I use that item daily and it would be a waste of time and effort to pack it away and bring it out every time I need it.  Ugh. 

The orange bag is full of donations for the women's shelter (clothes, shampoo, conditioner, soaps, etc.)



I used to store things on top of that big dresser...now there's only a book that belongs to my host family.

I'm hoping that Thursday gets here quicker than these past few days have gone.  It will be nice to see people again, well mostly Frank ;)  I'm really looking forward to a hot shower in Managua.  I think I suffered enough cold showers over the last 2 years to be done with those...I'm really looking forward to Peru because on the websites of most hostels and hotels there, it mentioned that they have hot water showers!  That's pretty much unheard of here, so I'll be very thankful for that :)  And of course I'll be running up my parents' bills at home while I soak up all the hot water ;)

2 comments:

  1. I spy the writing on the orange bag!! Glad you are having some down time to organize and reorganize..Practice up..you saw what your room here looks like!!


    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's gonna be crazy! haha

    ReplyDelete