Thursday, November 1, 2012

Getting things done

So I didn't wake up super early today, but I did get a lot accomplished.  I got my things together (laptop & stuff) and headed over to Camoapa to sell my computer & things worked out very well there.  I met the two new trainees that will be moving to Camoapa and I talked to the guy who was interested in my computer & he said he will buy it, and even paid me half the money today.  I'm going to keep my computer here until the day before I leave and he will pick it up here.  I'm so happy I got that taken care of. 

When I was waiting for the bus outside of the house where I sold my computer, I got offered a ride back to Boaco with some people who the other PCV knew, and come to find out they are relatives of my sitemate's boyfriend.  Small world here.  Anyway, they were super nice and drove me all the way back to Boaco in their truck and dropped me off at my doorstep.  Sweet!  Also, this meant that I got back earlier than I planned so I got to check a few more things off my list.

I went over to the bank, which was crammed packed, to close my bank account.  Fortunately, I just went over to the ladies at the desks to take care of my business while the line continued to grow for the tellers.  However, I did have to go over to the long line to complete the closing of my account and to receive the leftover money.  I felt terrible because the lady took me to the front of the line and then left me.  I didn't want to turn around or anything because I was afraid of the hateful looks I might get.  Fortunately, I didn't have to wait long and the teller was someone I knew--a mom of one of the Access students.  She was really sweet and took care of all that I needed to do--close my account, give me the extra money, count all my change and give me bills for them, and even changed a large bill for me.  I wanted to get smaller bills for some US money that I had, but I couldn't ask her for another thing, so I just thanked her and left.

After I got home from the bank I realized I still had time to go to the post office, which is conveniently right around the corner from my house.  I was waiting for today to ship it because I had to pick up a last minute gift in Camoapa.  I made it just in time and the lady at the counter helped me tape up the package.  We were actually taping it and ran out of tape on the roll so I had to come back home and get a new roll to take back to finish.  We used a lot of tape, but I'm pretty sure the package is secure.  I also put everything in a large black plastic trash bag inside the box to protect it from rain or whatever, but I think there is enough tape that it wouldn't have really mattered.  Oh well, the more protection the better, right? 

Anyway, I felt very accomplished and it's not even dinner time.  Speaking of which, I'm getting hungry so I better venture out and find some food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment