Monday, November 5, 2012

Movie Night

I've been talking to Jasser these past few days about having a movie night and we finally made it happen last night.  In the evening, I made popcorn and no-bake cookies and invited my family to join us in the living room to watch "Nacho Libre"--a silly comedy about a monk in Mexico who wants to be a lucha libre (Mexican free wrestling) fighter.  I've seen it before and thought they would find it funny, so we watched that.  As everyone gathered around the TV in the living room munching on popcorn, I set up the movie and brought in cookies.  It was a special moment.  Things have been a little weird lately with the buying/selling and then just the waiting time, but last night was really neat & I'm glad I had that special time with my family before I leave.  It was definitely a nice break from the past few days.  Since the election stuff was going on, we weren't really supposed to be out and about and I've been working on packing up my stuff anyway.  I will remember this night and I'm sure my family will too, especially because I made a new kind of cookies and they loved them.

This is what's left after making a little more than 2 dozen.  Honestly, I was surprised to see any in the fridge this morning!

Close up shot of that gooey goodness :)

Wanna make no-bake cookies?  Here is a recipe from the Food Network: Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies  I only used 1 1/4 cups sugar and a 1/2 cup of chunky peanut butter and they tasted just fine to me, which means a little less sugar & fat and they still tasted great :)  And, I didn't have wax paper, but foil worked too.  Either way, enjoy your no-bake cookies--they're super easy to make!

2 comments:

  1. You can make these for me when u arrive...alomg with muddy buddies...looking forward to it all.....and of course you..and Frank..love ya..

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so yummy! Looking forward to movie nights lounging on the couch at home :)

    ReplyDelete