Saturday, September 15, 2012

Say what?!

Today is September 15th and it is Central America's Independence Day, but it's more special for me because in exactly TWO months, I will be ringing that bell signifying the end of my Peace Corps service, and yes, we really do get to ring a bell :)

We are wrapping things up here and I feel kinda bad for not being at school very much but I've been in and out of Managua a bazillion times and actually the few times I went to school, classes either ended early, or my teacher wasn't there.  Go figure. 

Anyway, I'm hoping to finish my community class by the end of this month or shortly after so we can have some closure before I just take off.  Frank & I are currently working hard on making a very detailed itinerary of our trip for Central & South America post PC service...we've been slowly adding details but last night we sat next to each other with both our laptops out for about 6 hours straight plugging away searching for flights, hostels, tour packages, etc. to match the dates we're trying to schedule.  We have a pretty good schedule set right now so we'll see if we can stick to that and get things booked.  I know once the tickets are booked a little bit of the stress will melt away.  We've also read that buying travel insurance is a good idea so we gotta look into that too.  Any suggestions from fellow travelers??? 

So, TWO months til end of service which means just THREE little tiny short teensy weensy months til our return to the USA!  Yes Mom & Dad, I will be home very very soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment