Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Cockroaches in the kitchen and ants in the microwave

What would you do?  No wonder people get sick so often around here...ugh :(  Frank hates cooking in the kitchen at my house and although I think it can be pretty disgusting, I guess I've gotten semi-used to seeing cockroaches on the counter, stove, and in the cabinets.  Tonight was no different.  I went to serve myself some gallo pinto that my sister Ruth made and she pointed out all the cockroaches on the stove.  Delightful.  Rice and beans with a side of cockroach may be a delicacy somewhere, but not here and not for me!  Fortunately the pan of gallo pinto was properly covered--they usually don't cover things...  So, I scooped up some gallo pinto because even after all of that I was still hungry.  Then I plugged in the microwave to find ants inside carrying away left bits of food that had actually molded in there blah!  I decided to wipe out the inside of the microwave before heating up my food, just in case. 

Through all of that, I still ate my gallo pinto, but every second I thought to myself, gosh I can't wait to get home and control the cleanliness of my kitchen!

1 comment:

  1. Can't promise you wont find an ant around,,(you know Keizer was built on an ant hill),,but you definitely won't see any cockroaches!!

    ReplyDelete