Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Closure

So, my community class has been a little sporadic lately and it's been driving me crazy because I wanted to finish it by the end of this month, but that ain't happening.  I just wanted to organize our schedule and finish since the attendance was so flaky and we're getting near the end of my service here anyway, but I wanted to have some closure.  I didn't want to just call all my students and say, sorry, we're done now.  So, finally, all my students showed up last night to class and we reviewed past topics and talked about the class finishing up.  We decided we would have about 2 more weeks with a final test on Oct. 8th and on the 11th of October we will have a little party & I will give them certificates.  Phew!  Glad we got that taken care of!

I can't believe we're in the last week of September and October is quickly approaching. We're going to have a big party for our group of PCVs (Nica 54--both mine & Frank's groups) here in Boaco this next month so I'm excited for that.  Then, we have our final presentation to Peace Corps about our projects at the end of October, then another party for PCVs (can't have too many parties of course).  And then I'll be doing a lot of goodbyes.  That will be interesting.  I don't wanna think too much about that yet ;)

1 comment: