Friday, September 21, 2012

Bathtime

I kinda feel embarrassed writing this, but I'm gonna be honest with y'all.  Since the water went out Wednesday morning, I hadn't been able to take a shower this week and we finally got water today so I feel clean now as it was day 3 without water (aka no showers, no flushing toilets, nada.).  Bummer.  I really started feeling gross today and my hair was getting a little too shiny, so I sure was glad when I found out my host aunt was back in town and she had water to share.  It was a bucket bath, but it felt so refreshing.  Actually, it was freezing cold at first, but then I got over that and scrubbed every inch of my body with soap and used shampoo and conditioner.  Now we're talking.  It was funny later because I was thinking, well I guess I've gone without a shower longer like when I was camping, but then I realized that when you're camping, you usually don't go to work, teach classes, etc.  Sooooo, yeah.  I felt a little pena (shameful/embarrassed) about that.  Oh well.  At least I'm clean now :) 

I did use some baby wipe type things to "bathe" throughout the week and I also used hand sanitizer for bathroom trips.  Gosh, I never realized how often I wash my hands though and it was so frustrating not to be able to!

No comments:

Post a Comment