Monday, January 30, 2012

Pop-tart Burn

As I got distracted by my computer, as I usually do, I started smelling something delicious from the kitchen and then realized it was my Pop-tarts that I put in before I got online and knew I would forget about, that must be burning...  I jumped up, ran to the kitchen and it was a little brown, but not too charred.  I unplugged the toaster and then used a knife to get them out so I wouldn't burn myself.  Then as I moved them on the plate, my finger stuck to the sizzling icing and burned my finger!  Ugh!  That icing is HOT!  Even though I ran my finger under cool water and put some burn relief gel on it, it still looks like a semi-blister is forming.  Seriously, Pop-tarts, seriously?! 

My morning wasn't all bad though.  I went to the instituto (after waiting for the bus for an hour that never showed up and standing amongst a drunkard fight) for the first day of school for teachers.  It was nice to see all the teachers I knew from last year and do the usual greetings.  We started the meeting an hour after it was supposed to, no surprise there.  I walked home after (nice exercise) and got some mail from friends (one from Peru).  That was nice :)  Then I started planning trips with Frank--can you tell I'm excited for school to start?? haha 

Today is pretty dreary and I've been hanging out inside just trying to keep busy.  I think I might take a nap though--this weather makes me so tired & I did get up early for that meeting this morning.  Hey, the rest of my town is sleeping at this time of the day...

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Meg,,were these some of the poptarts we brought you..Probably cinnamon...they always burn ya..love you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah they were the ones you brought. Funny, the cinnamon ones do always burn, but these ones were strawberry. I'm ok now haha :)

    ReplyDelete