Saturday, January 21, 2012

Camp 2 done!

We finished up camp today which was such a relief!  This camp was fun in its own way, but I liked the first camp a lot more.  This was felt more like classes and not camp, but I still got to hang out with other PCVs which was cool.  I felt bad because a lot of the kids were not having a super time, but were just excited to see their friends and spend time together.  They didn't really like the idea of speaking English all the time together and it didn't help that we were sucking all the fun out of it by constantly reminding them to speak English haha  Oh well.

We're done now so we don't have to worry about that anymore, but one thing really bummed me out.  Someone took my camera case out of my bag so now I don't have a camera case.  We made several announcements that it was missing and I even told the kids that if they had it they could leave it in one of the bathrooms, but nobody turned it in :(  What was really weird about it was that I had my camera in its case, along with an extra memory card & a memory card reader, all in my teaching bag in my classroom.  I was gone for about 20 minutes during break, and someone had gone in the room and taken my camera, card, and card reader out of the case, put them back in my teaching bag, but took the camera case.  Not sure why they really wanted the case and didn't take the valuable items, but I guess I'm lucky in that sense.  It's a bummer that those things happen, but I guess I gotta be more careful.  It was just strange--my laptop was sitting there too. 

I won't worry too much about it because it really wasn't that expensive & can be easily replaced.  Monica needs a new camera case too so we're gonna go shopping together.  Up in Matagalpa they have this place that sells purses, glasses & wallet folds from neat fabrics that some Nica women make so we might go there.  We'll see!  Anyway, we'll be going to our Peace Corps meeting Monday up north and I'm excited to see everyone and hang out.  It should be fun.  Hopefully it will be a little more relaxing than camp haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment