Monday, January 23, 2012

On the road again...

Yep, I got back on a bus today and headed out for my mid service training with Peace Corps.  We're a little past mid-service, but our meeting is always in January.  We are up north in a beautiful place called Selva Negra.  It's kind of jungle-ish and very cold this time of year.  We went on a short hike to check out the area and had a little session to make sure everyone knew everyone (counterpart teachers).  Our dinner was big & delicious and now I'm indulging in a piece of chocolate cake that is way too big for one person, and sipping coffee much later than I should be putting caffeine into my body.  Oh well :)  Life is too short to not indulge once in a while... 




Hey, if you're sitting there thinking of making me feel guilty, remember I'm a Peace Corps Volunteer living in third world country with no hot water and toilets that can't handle toilet paper.  I deserve the cake ;)

1 comment:

  1. Of course you deserve the cake,,,And I am a mother whose daughter has been away for along time....I also deserve cake..Wheres my cake.? Love ya...and talk soon,

    ReplyDelete