Saturday, January 21, 2012

Free

Free to do what I want.  That's how I felt tonight.  I got to stay in Managua thanks to our boss who sympathized with us exhausted PCVs (especially Monica & me working at 2 camps in a row).  I was wanting to get back home since I have to leave for meetings Monday, but I couldn't pass up this opportunity to just hang out and relax with my friends without any other obligations.  It makes for a better transition from camp to "home". 

We all just crashed when we got back to the hotel & I took a shower (not hot, but freezing, and it was a clean bathroom).  Then we had some snacks & went out for drinks.  We ended up getting appetizers for dinner and just hanging out at the restaurant and then going to another bar near the hotel.  It was so fun talking, sharing funny moments from camp & other things, and just being free to do what we wanted and chill.  I really missed Frank though.  It was nice hanging out with my TEFL PCVs, but it would have been nice to have Frank there too--especially because two of the guys in our group were there & Frank likes to hang out with them too.  Well, after our PC meetings this next week we might all hang out in Matagalpa so that will be fun. 

Tonight was a blast.  Super thankful for the "mental health break"  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment