Friday, January 6, 2012

Camps

Although January is my "vacation", I'm going to be pretty busy this month.  I leave tomorrow morning for a camp for English teachers.  I'll be teaching a class on gender roles & relationships and a workshop on materials design.  I'm excited for the camp, but I know it's going to be exhausting.  After that camp, I'll have a day and a half off, then it's off to another camp, but for high school students.  I'll be teaching a variety of topics such as grammar, oral presentation, writing, etc. all in English.  I'm looking forward to that camp too, but I'm not as prepared for it because the camp details were sent out a little late and most of us were out of the country during December.  Now I have this other camp, so I'm gonna try to "prep" during the evenings if possible.  We'll see.  After the second camp, I'll have a day off and then I'm off to meetings with Peace Corps.  That won't actually be too exhausting because I won't be up front blabbing, but I'll be listening and participating in small group things.  I'm really excited for that because we get to see all the TEFL PCVs (the newer group & everybody in my group) and we'll be bringing one of our counterpart teachers.  Should be a good time :) 

I have a little anxiety thinking about the next few weeks to come, but I know I will enjoy myself and look back and be glad that I volunteered and participated in the camps.  Please pray for me for strength, a positive attitude, confidence, and good health--camps are physically exhausting too!

No comments:

Post a Comment