Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back in Nicaragua

It was so nice being back in the US and getting to meet Frank's extended family and see some new places, but all things must end some time...

The two week trip was so great and didn't go by too fast, but now I'm already back in Nicaragua and it's 2012--crazy!!  We started out our trip with family things including finding a Christmas tree, decorating, and dinners.  It was really special for me to be included in all of this.  Then, Frank &I ventured out to DC & Arlington on our own so he could show me around.  We even had a little date night & went out to dinner & a movie--so fun :)  And, for the last part of our trip, Frank's parents took Frank & me with them to Colonial Williamsburg to celebrate New Years (we met up with Frank's aunt & uncle there too).  That was a really neat trip full of fun, new experiences and delicious food.  Our last night in Maryland was spent with family--we sat around the lit Christmas tree and chatted, ate a delicious meal together, played cribbage, and ate ice cream while watching one of Frank's (and his dad's) favorite shows, "Jeeves and Wooster".

Although I didn't want it to end, I knew we would have to come back sometime.  I do love Nicaragua and I'm excited for this new year, but it's going to be hard to get back into the swing of things after that wonderful time of home comfort... such as hot showers & being able to flush the toilet paper haha  After 2 weeks of pure English, I was still able to whip back into Spanish, so that's good.  Upon arriving in Nicaragua though, Frank & I weren't quite ready to hop on a bus back to our towns so we got a taxi to ease us into Nica culture haha  We had a lot of bags too so it just made more sense ;)

I'll be posting pictures on my Facebook, because there are way too many to put on here & the internet is a lot slower here than it was in the US when I posted my last blog.  But, here are a couple to get you through.

Christmas Church tour in downtown Frederick, Maryland:






Frank's youngest brother's (Robert) birthday:





Arlington & DC:

Tomb of the Unknowns



U.S. Capitol
National Christmas Tree
Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia:

Governor's Palace
Writing with a quill pen
Carriage ride around town :)
Troublemakers...

1 comment: