Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Behavior Issues

So I did get more sleep last night, but these kids aren't behaving so great.  More and more of them aren't following directions, being disrespectful, sneaking into rooms where they shouldn't be, etc.  They are supposed to be using English at all times at camp (we can't control them in their dorms though), but a lot of them don't and even when we remind them they just say "yeah ok teacher".  Super frustrating!!  There are some great kids; don't get me wrong.  However, a lot of them are lying about feeling sick and sneaking off.  We tell them to go back to their rooms and they just stare at us, put their hand up (1 minute or wait), or keep walking.  It's driving me crazy.  It's a losing battle.  There's only so much we can do and the kids are just not behaving as well as I would have expected for this camp.  I know that they aren't having as much fun at this camp because it's a lot of work and heavy classes, but they knew what it was as it is called "English Intensive Camp".  I get really frustrated when the kids don't listen or wait for you to turn around and then continue what they weren't supposed to be doing.  I keep checking outside for wandering girls because I keep hearing doors opening and closing.  "Lights out" was almost an hour ago...  I still hear chatting, but it's time for me to get some sleep.  I can't stay up all night waiting for someone to sneak out.  They have to make their own mistakes and live with the consequences. 

Tomorrow we are doing a fun, surprise activity for the kids: going to the movie theater in Managua.  It will be the first time for a lot of kids to go to a movie theater so that will be neat.  I hope that they will behave better!

No comments:

Post a Comment