Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas in January

One nice thing about not being in Nicaragua over Christmas is coming back to Christmas mail and gifts to exchange :)  I picked up several Christmas cards from friends and family which will now decorate my wall (thank you to all those who sent cards & pics!!) & Jasser and I exchanged gifts after I got back into Boaco.  I gave him a red scarf (per his request) and he gave me a mug with a picture of him & me on it that says "Brothers Forever"--translation from Spanish because their word for siblings is "hermanos" which can be used for boys & girls.  Anyway, I found it endearing.  It was a really sweet gift--something I can hold on to for a long time :) 

We later visited my aunt here and I took a little treat to her house: chocolate covered cherries from the States--yum!  I also greeted several "family" here and they were all glad to see me, and me of them.  It's nice to be back.  I really gotta soak up these last 10 1/2 months before I have to leave this beautiful place.  Time is going by fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment