Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pray for Peace

Election day is tomorrow and things are getting a little heated.  People are fighting for a fair election and the two main parties have large followings.  I'm feeling a little nervous as to what might happen tomorrow.  I just hope that people will be wise in their decisions and keep peace as much as possible.  I've already heard that people were in the streets with bats, machetes, and rocks, but I hope that they will not use these weapons against people.  I do not feel unsafe here in my house, but I fear for the Nicaraguan people fighting each other.  Tomorrow is sure to make history.  Those of you who are not familiar with the politics (or recent politics involving the current president) in Nicaragua, I would encourage you to read articles on the internet and be thankful that you are in a country with more freedom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment