Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Flowers & Crafts

I am now back in Boaco after a nice little trip to Managua.  It was nice this time because I got to see one of my friends that lives pretty far from me and I got TWO hot showers :)  Yes!  Also, I got some beautiful flowers:



It was a scorcher today so I was a little worried about my poor flowers on the bus ride home but I think they're recuperating.  I got them into a nice fresh vase of water (after cutting the stems) and they look better already. 

As I was unpacking and while my laundry was washing, I finished up some crafts that I've been working on for the baptism.  I made Jasser help me with some the other day, but I just had a few left to do today.  I've been saving my toilet paper tubes hoping to find some craft (more than just a kids thing to be used once) to recycle them.  Well, with the baptism coming up, I decided to make napkin rings!  I cut them in fourths, used double-sided tape, and attached shiny white ribbon.  They look great & Jasser loved them because they look so classy :)  I made 83 of them.  Yes, he invited that many people.  It's going to be a grand affair. 


Now it's back to school tomorrow for one day and then the elections are this Sunday.  It will be interesting to see what happens.  I'll be keeping safe inside my house. 

3 comments:

  1. You are such a great sis to help brother Jasser with the baptism details...The rings look very nice.I hope your box arrives soon,,,We love you...less than 5 weeks to go....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweety,
    The flowers look great. You did a great job keeping them hydrated and looking good. Really looking forward to seeing you soon.
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's coming up so fast! I'm so excited :)

    ReplyDelete