Monday, November 7, 2011

Elections Report

They officially announced that Daniel Ortega will continue to be the president.  I didn't witness anything violent in my town, but there were some reports of violence on the news.  I keep calling Frank to check in on him because his town is known for being a little wild, but he's safe over there.  It definitely feels safer living with host families since we have that extra protection instead of living on our own.  Although, I haven't felt threatened when walking outside either.

Jasser and I have been doing more crafts for the baptism to stay busy--today I taught him how to make paper snowflakes which he thought were awesome and was in awe at how easy they are to make.  It was pretty funny, but then I guess they wouldn't teach them how to make snowflakes here in elementary school...  Jasser wants to add a little Christmas to the baptism since it will be in December.  We made some pretty neat ones and traced them onto foam paper with glitter and cut them out with an x-acto knife.  I'll have to take some pictures tomorrow. 

Here is a link to an article about the elections:  Nicaragua Elections 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment