Sunday, November 27, 2011

Getting ready

I've already started packing my things for my family's visit because it's now just ONE week away!!!  I'm super excited to have them visit :)  I haven't seen my bro & gramps in over a year, and I know my parents are definitely missing hugging & kissing me haha  I'm just really excited to have them all here to spend some quality time and show them parts of Nicaragua, AND....to meet Frank!  I've already met Frank's family, but my family hasn't met him yet, just on Skype.  It should be fun :) 

I've also been getting stuff ready for the baptism coming up.  They moved the date again, but it's official now because they've reserved, paid, and purchased.  It is next Sunday.  Oh man!  Jasser and I have been working hard making and arranging things so hopefully everything pays off. 

I've been putting together lists and piles of things for my trip to the States too.  I have to prepare early for this to make sure I have enough warm clothes for the cold weather.  I'm a little nervous about freezing/turning into an icicle up there because I'm so used to the 85+ degree weather.  I'm glad my parents are bringing me a winter jacket!  I am looking forward to dressing in long sleeves, long socks, slippers, big coats, and using a blanket.  I miss the cold weather.  I may regret that statement come December in Maryland...  Oh well.  I'm also really looking forward to spending time with Frank's family and meeting his friends.  He's been telling me about everywhere he wants to take me and things he wants to show me there.  I can't wait, but I'm sure the trip will fly by so fast.  I want to cherish every moment, and savor every bite of delicious American food that I can get my grubby little hands on ;)  Oh, I'm so excited! 

Planning is my thang, so this getting ready biz ain't got nothing on me.  I'm just looking forward to enjoying each of these experiences after all the planning is done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment