Thursday, May 31, 2012

May you step aside for June

Can't believe it's already the last day of May!  Today we had a great day in Access class, talking about community service projects and the students split into groups to work on separate things.  I'm excited for them and they seem pretty interested in their new projects.  It should be pretty cool.  Also, today was their 1 year anniversary of the Access class.  They started last year on this very day.  So, of course they had to celebrate and they brought cake and soda.  Those are always delicious at 9:30 in the morning haha  Oh well.  It's crazy that things have gone by so quickly.  These kids are dear to my heart and I know it will be hard to say goodbye.  They frustrate me sometimes, but I know they're good kids.  I'm looking forward to the rest of my time here working with them.

Side note: I forgot to update you on my counterpart situation.  He was released from jail after his bail was paid on Monday--a whopping $1,200.  Yes, that's dollars.  And yes, that's A LOT of money.  I'm not sure about his job though and nobody is really talking about it--it's been pretty hush hush, which is strange because usually there's a lot of gossip, especially when something scandalous happens.  Hmmm.  Well, for now, I'll just continue working with the Access class and the one teacher at the instituto and we'll see what happens.

Here's a cute picture of Dyland for ya:


No comments:

Post a Comment