Friday, June 1, 2012

Happy June!

So the countdown is definitely on!  About 5 months left of my PC service.  WOW!  I should finish up within second or third week in November and then the plan is to travel a bit before returning to Oregon for Christmas.  Oh, am I looking forward to being in Oregon for Christmas! 

I will for sure miss my family and friends here and things are starting to feel like we're really going to be leaving soon.  Just the other day my host family was trying to convince me to stay here in Nicaragua and get married (of course to Frank) and live here.  I told them my mom probably wouldn't like that so she suggested telling my parents to move down here too.  Yeah, not like they have jobs or anything haha  I love their planning schemes, but it also makes me feel really loved and that saying goodbye in November is going to be hard, especially to little Dyland. 

Anyway, happy thoughts!  This is the start of summer back home--lots of kids are graduating (or have graduated) and everyone is looking forward to summer activities.  I sure am looking forward to our lake trip to Maryland this month.  It's starting the rainy season here so I'm assuming more classes won't happen because of that, but the plus side is that it has started to cool down a little :)

No comments:

Post a Comment