Friday, June 22, 2012

Dyland

Dyland reminds me every day how hard it's going to say goodbye in November.  Of course, he doesn't tell me this with words, but he shows me all the time.  This morning I was eating breakfast at my desk in my room and I heard something near my door.  I looked over and there he was leaning his little head in checking if I was there.  I said "Hoooola" like I usually do and he tottled right in to my room, came over to me, turned around and leaned on my legs.  When I'm at my desk and he comes in my room, I usually scoot my chair back and put him on my lap so we're just out of reach of the computer and all those small shiny things on my desk.   I didn't pick him up this time, but he knew the routine so he leaned on me and gazed into my eyes.  What a sweet thing.  His dad called him too soon, so of course I guided him out.  It really was the best way to start my morning. 

Some may say I'm obsessed, but this little guy has got my heart.  He brightens up my day.  Every time I come home and he's awake, he squeals and runs in my direction, or if I squat down and head his way, he runs off in the opposite direction laughing and almost stumbling to the floor.  I love my playtime with Dyland. 

Today the little neighbor girl was over and brought her little bird to play.  It was hilarious, until Dyland almost stepped on the little guy, on purpose.  Oops! haha  He was chasing after him, but when he got too close, Dyland got a little nervous.  I love just watching Dyland play, and especially interacting with others and discovering new things. 

Looks a little nervous with that bird on his back

Not so sure about this...

No comments:

Post a Comment