Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pit stains

Well I knew I would be sweating when I came to Nicaragua, but I didn't know that not even a run through the wash would erase those sweaty days. 

Some of my shirts look sweaty before I even put them on, but I figure, well I'll be sweating in a few minutes anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.  I feel like Nicas don't sweat as much, or I don't notice it as much.  They must be a little more glamorous with their sweat wiping abilities.  I feel like I'm constantly clearing the sweat droplets from my cheeks and above my lips.  I don't know why I don't carry a washcloth around all the time, but today I was smarter about that.  I blotted my face every few seconds while sitting in the classroom and felt a little less disgusting. 

I'll be glad when I finally get back to the States to buy some new shirts that won't be sweat-stained.  Many of these shirts I have here will be staying here in Nicaragua.  I should have brought more dry-fit shirts, but most of them look too much like workout shirts, so they're not too professional to wear to school, but I usually change my clothes when I get home anyway.  Well, everybody knows what I look like now and they'll just have to deal with my sweatiness for a couple more months :)

Apparently there are some remedies for removing pit stains from shirts--usually they're caused by the deodorant that's stuck to the shirt--but I don't feel like spending all that time to remove something that will be back the very next day...No vale la pena (It's not worth it).

3 comments:

  1. One word for you Megan: sweat-tache.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention that my fan broke the other day :( Trying to go without, but not sure if I can make it...

    ReplyDelete