Friday, June 8, 2012

A modest request

So I was talking to the new Access teacher, who is pretty cool & a great teacher, and telling him about my upcoming trip to the good ol' USA when he asked me to do him a favor.  I said yes, hesitating a little and he looked at me almost shyly and said "Can you get me..." and I thought he was going to say a computer or a camera or something of that sort like many requests other PCVs have gotten) but all that came out was "newspapers in English".  I sorta felt bad for assuming he was going to ask for some expensive items, but instead just some newspapers.  Well, I had planned to grab some newspapers anyway to bring back for my Access classes because English resources are certainly lacking here and now that my students are at this level, reading in English is more attainable. 

I know all of you are probably starting to prepare birthday packages for me, right??? ;)  My birthday is August 3rd, just as a little reminder.  So when you get around to that and if you have a little extra room between all the chocolates (peanut butter and/or mint M&Ms, butterfingers, peanut butter cups), wheat thin crackers, girl scout cookies, peanut butter cracker packs, strawberry and/or apple nutri-grain bars, almonds, goldfish crackers, cheeze-its, fruit leather, just add water pasta packets, sun chips, etc. please try to include a newspaper or two :)  Also, store advertisements would be good too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment