Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Working late

Yesterday I went to the seminary again to teach English.  This time was much better because last week I met with the teacher and we planned some things together.  So, yesterday I met him in the park at 7pm, then we took a taxi out to the seminary, which takes about 20 minutes or so.  Then, we got out our materials and planned out the sequence of our lesson, which was even better than he suggested that :)  We didn't start until about 8pm and the students had decorated the whiteboard with "Welcome back Megan" and drew balloons on it haha  It was pretty cute.  When the teacher told me they were asking about me and really wanted me to come back, I was mainly thinking, well yeah, it's a group of young guys studying to be priests and a young white girl comes to teach their class.  For sure they wanted me back haha  Well, I think it might have been more than that, even though they were asking me for my phone number and Facebook last time...

The lesson and activities went really well.  We co-taught the class and the students participated more than last time.  Yay!  However, it was nearing 9:30pm and we still hadn't covered our last two activities.  The other teacher asked if I wanted to continue.  I did want to finish the lesson, but I knew with the 20 minute ride home after, I probably should get going.  So, we ended class and the students had plenty of material to study for the next class.  This time their truck was there with a driver, so I got a ride home.  I opened my front door at 10pm.  Ugh.  I was glad I took care of other things earlier in the day, because I was in desperate need of rest and I knew this morning was going to come quickly.  I felt worse about the teacher who I worked with though because he started working at 6am and finished at 6pm, then continued on with me.  Yuck.  He said today he only works two hours though.  I would definitely want to spread that out, but I guess he can't.

Well anyway, I usually don't mind working late, but not so far away and when I have to get up early the next morning it's not so fun.  Good thing that class is only about once a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment