Sunday, May 13, 2012

Love's got ahold of me

After mine & Frank's little anniversary trip got postponed because Frank was sick, we finally got to go to the beach and enjoy some time away and leave all our worries behind.  Unfortunately though, Frank got sick again during our trip :(  Poor guy just can't get better!  He's lucky he has a great nurse to tend to his every need :)  He did get to enjoy the first day and a half, but after that it was not so much fun for him as his stomach fought with him on and off throughout the day and then the night.  He experienced what sounded like what I had last July.  A sudden stomach pain set in and a little nausea.  Then stomach cramping and bloating, weakness.  Ugh :(  Not fun at all.  I unfortunately had to ride a bus at the beginning of my sickness to meetings with Peace Corps.  I ultimately stayed in my room and slept for the most of the time.  I let Frank rest this weekend too since I knew how miserable he felt.  I made him call the PC doctors and I went to the pharmacy to get the right meds, I took his temperature, encouraged & comforted him, made him eat and drink to keep his energy.  I really felt for him and it just made me sad to not be able to help him more.  That's just what happens when you love someone. 

There were plenty of happy moments during this trip.  We did some of our usual activities: play cards, watch movies (or TV in this case), read... But we also got to just relax by the pool, jump in the waves at the beach, share some great meals that we didn't have to prepare, and just be.  It was nice to just be a couple and kinda forget about all the complicated stuff like we live two buses (3 hours) away from each other and we only get to see each other on (most) weekends, what are we gonna do when we get back to the States, etc.  Sometimes I feel like our relationship is backwards from the norm, but really, is there a norm is this day?  I guess long-distance relationships are becoming more common and I would say that ours isn't too bad.  There are some PCVs here that have to travel almost a whole day just to reach their sweetie, so that means they only get to see them once a month or less often :(  I consider myself lucky here, but I'm still selfish and want more.  That's what happens when you love someone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment