Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Thankful.

Wow.  Sunday was a blessed day.  I went to church with my family where we had an outdoor service at the new park in town.  It was beautiful and it did not rain, as it was predicted to do.  I shared my testimony of deciding to do Peace Corps, how God has been using this opportunity to mold me and change me into what He wants me to be, and sharing with others how I will be serving the people in Nicaragua.  This was exciting for me to talk about it, but what was more exciting was when my family and friends joined me on the stage and prayed over me and my journey.  What an incredible feeling and I could not restrain my tears.  Some people from church came up to me after the service and told me that they would be praying for me.  Knowing that God will be watching over me is wonderful, but also hearing how He calls His people to be obedient and care for others is a beautiful work in itself. 

I had my going away party Sunday afternoon/evening and it was just another blessing.  So many friends and family came and spent time together eating food, chatting, and adding scrapbook pages to my book.  It wasn't at all sad because there was so much joy there.  I was so happy to just be together with people who have been such a big support in my life.  I cannot fully express how thankful I am to everyone who has prayed for me, encouraged me, and inspired me.  I hope that I will do great work for the Lord and serve His people well.

No comments:

Post a Comment