Saturday, August 7, 2010

Packing, Packing, and MORE Packing...

Hmm...well my title kind of explains what I have been doing for the past month and a half.  I gradually packed to come home to Oregon because I like to begin early and get things together so everything is organized.  Now that I'm in Oregon, it's been a mess of unpacking, sorting, repacking, and just craziness.  This is not as easy as I thought it would be.  I was thinking, well, I'll have a month in Oregon to relax, get everything together, spend time with family and friends, and then fly out to DC.  There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day and days in the week...  There are only 22 days left!  Yikes!  I'm already overwhelmed with this packing and it's only been 1 week in Oregon! Ugh :(  I was frustrated because I was trying to find a hiking pack--I knew we had one or two at my parent's house, but I could not find it anywhere.  I wanted to take one with me and I was in a packing halt, just trying to find the pack.  I finally settled on buying one on Amazon, which I'm not sure why I didn't look on there earlier.  I'm slightly addicted to purchasing things on Amazon (mainly books), but that's another story ;)

One thing I can be thankful and excited for is that my brother will be visiting soon.  I really miss him and my family hasn't seen him in 8 months so it will be a nice reunion :)  I love my brother and it's going to be hard to be away from him in Nicaragua, but hopefully my family will come out to visit me during my second year.  Also, my brother is bringing his girlfriend to Oregon.  Well, she's flying over a few days after he gets here, but that will be fun.  She's never been to Oregon before so we'll have to show her a good time. 

This morning I wrote an email to PC Nicaragua to check what my address will be so I'll let you all know when I get that.  I've seen some people posting their addresses from past volunteers, but I wanted to make sure I got the right one.  Then feel free to send me letters :)

I'm also having a going away party in Oregon soon...so hope to see you there!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, we will have to write some letters. The blogging will help a lot for people to follow your experiences.

    ReplyDelete