Sunday, August 29, 2010

Last Day in Oregon

Well today is my last day in Oregon before I head off for Nicaragua... I had been doing well no getting too emotional with goodbyes, but today after church was difficult.  I was saying goodbye to some close friends and I couldn't help but break down.  Reality hit.  I think it's an overwhelming mix of emotions.  I'm happy and excited to be going to Nicaragua because I know that it will be an incredible experience and I am eager to serve the people there.  I am sad to leave family and friends behind and not be able to talk to them anytime I want.  I feel so blessed and humbled by the vast amount of people telling me that they are praying for me and they are proud of me.  There is no way to fully explain what I feel now, but I do feel grateful for this wonderful blessing in my life. 

Today was a nice, easy day.  My family went to church, we saw some good friends and said some sad goodbyes, and then went home.  We had a couple visitors to add some pages to my scrapbook and then I had a great dinner with my parents.  Dad made mashed potatoes & peas (my favorite), smoked chicken, and corn on the cob.  Mom & I went to the store to make some last minute purchases (gifts for my host family) and then we had some strawberry rhubarb pie at home.  We then had a Skype refresher course to make sure my parents remembered their user names & passwords and then how to call me :) 

I have my bags packed--just need to add a couple things in the morning that I'll use before I take off to the airport.  I feel good, not rushed and stressed.  This is exciting!  DC tomorrow and Nicaragua on Wednesday :)

3 comments:

  1. am so proud,and excited for you...and of course going to miss you much...but I know all will be well..We will skype and text,and all...love you,..mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, what an exciting time for you! And yes, Skype is da bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You have a blog! I'm so excited to keep in touch with you and follow you in your adventures, which you WILL have. Today I discovered that with gmail you can call people in the US for FREE on their cellphones. It's way better than skype...trust me. I've been doing this for a while. Just so you know!!! Have a safe flight! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete