Monday, August 30, 2010

DC

I'm here in DC safe and sound :)  There was a guy from Oregon (Sam) on my flight so we got to chat in between flights.  Then, we took a taxi to our hotel and met up with another guy from Puerto Rico (Josue) and met two girls for dinner: Jessie (Colorado) and Jessica (Arizona).  It was nice to have a small group to hang out with tonight & we're planning on going out tomorrow to check out the sights!  :)  Tomorrow afternoon/evening we have Peace Corps meetings/orientation stuff, but then hopefully we'll get to hang out more as a group and have fun!  Ok, well this is it for now because we're going to bed soon, as it has been a long day of traveling, but I will post when I arrive in Nicaragua.  Peace to all of you :)

3 comments:

  1. Haha, "corps." That was a vocab word today and I don't think the kids understand why you don't say the "ps."

    Glad you are making friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are doing well so far! How is the time change treating you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was pretty crazy but I think I'm adjusting :) Nicaragua is only 1 hour ahead of the west coast until daylight savings...

    ReplyDelete