Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Leaving for Nicaragua...

I had enough time to catch some sights in DC this morning--Washington Monument, Jefferson Memorial, WWII Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, Korean War Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, the White House, and the Capitol Building.  It was fun to walk around the National Mall but it was WAY hot so we got a little sweaty... We took the metro back & managed to get in to the hotel about 10 minutes before our meeting, just enough time to change & quickly get downstairs :) 

After all the fun paperwork & meetings, we had our "last supper" in the States and headed back to the hotel.  I've been packing and sorting things for awhile & took a nice long, hot shower (could be my last--except for the first 3 days in Managua). 

Just wanted to give a quick update and let you know everything is going well & I'm anxious to get to Nicaragua!  Sorry if I haven't called you if I told you I would...there hasn't been much time!!  :(  I will try to get some calls out in Managua.  All right, last night in the States is a little sad, but I know Nicaragua will be fun.  Please send letters if you can--it will be nice to hear from home :)  My address is posted on here.

3 comments:

  1. You are off and on your way. Just to let you know it has turned into jacket season in Keizer! Take care. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care Megan and we will continue to pray for you! I can't wait to hear about all of your amazing experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It is definitely HOT here :)

    ReplyDelete