Saturday, August 14, 2010

Days of Summer

My brother has been here since Tuesday and his girlfriend got in Thursday and it has been quite a whirlwind of activities.  We've gone out to many meals together to share favorite places and try some new ones.  We have met up with old friends and visited family. We spent the day fishing, then hiking, then eating our catch.  We traveled on the coast on a foggy, yet warm day, and hit up the Tillamook Cheese Factory and a tour of Linfield College by my brother.  We shared dinner on the rooftop of the McMenamin's in McMinnville with a nice summer breeze as the sun set over the coastal range.  Tomorrow is packed once again with more festivities and then Monday we'll get to relax a little before taking Ty and Jess to the airport in the afternoon.  I can't believe Saturday is already over and Monday is coming so soon.  It has been great having my brother here--yes, we do argue still, but it wouldn't be family if we didn't disagree once in awhile :)

Onto Peace Corps news...I found out that when we arrive in country we stay in a hotel for 3 days for some orientation stuff, vacinations, and I think language placements, before being sent out to our training towns.  I'm so excited for all of this and it's coming up quick!  The countdown to DC is 15 days and then for Nicaragua it's 17 days!  Oh my gosh,I can barely believe it...

1 comment: