Saturday, August 28, 2010

Dad & Daughter Day

I've been spending a lot of time with my mom lately, cherishing the last days here in Oregon before I leave for Nicaragua.  My dad travels a lot for work and because his business is with ponds and gardening, summer is the high travel season for trade shows, etc.  Thursday I went and got pedicures with my mom, godmother, and her daughter, which was super fun and a nice treat before I leave.  Today (Friday--I stayed up late tonight), although my dad had to work at a trade show, I went with him and worked in the booth to spend some extra time with him.  I've worked with him before so it was fun and I love listening to my dad talk about the products because I'm amazed at his knowledge and skill.  He also works with some fun people that I love visiting with (even if they are Duck fans...yuck!).  Anyway, we had a nice drive up to Portland for the show and enjoyed each other's company while there.  After the show we headed home and then went out to dinner, just the two of us :)  We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant in town and my dad told me I could only use Spanish, so I did, which was fun, because he then asked me what I said, or what the waitress asked, or to translate things on the wall haha  We really had a great time and made sure to complete our dinner with deep fried ice cream. Yum!  After dinner we went back home again and settled onto the couch to drift away into the comedy of The Office.  I love my dad and I really will miss these moments!  I love my mom too of course :)

1 comment:

  1. Of course I'm a little jealous, but glad you 2 had such a super time while I was at work...and the leftovers were great..thanks..

    ReplyDelete