Monday, August 2, 2010

Hello Oregon! Nicaragua, I'll be there soon!

I'm back in Oregon...yay!  I really love Oregon and I'm glad I get to spend a month here with my family and friends.  It will be a nice time to relax and get things together slowly for Nicaragua.  I know it will come up fast, but I'm going to take it day by day :) 

Well my parents drove up Saturday, July 31st to Spokane and we hung out for awhile.  I had pretty much everything packed, but we planned to drive back the next day because two 7 hour drives in one day is a little much and I wanted to keep my parents happy :)  We visited my "BFF" Piah to say goodbye and there were some tears.  I'm gonna miss that girl!

This is Piah not wanting me to go...notice that "death grip" she has around me...

Then we went over to Drew & Erin's to show off their house & garden to my parents.  After the garden tour, we went out to dinner at the Steam Plant Grill downtown.  It was sooo good and I'm sad that I waited until my last night in Spokane to try it. I'll be back in 2 1/2 years though...  Unfortunately, we forgot to take a picture together at the restaurant so I'm a little sad about that, but I have many pictures of my wonderful friends so no worries there :) 

I dropped off my parents at their hotel for the night and I had one last girls' night watching Friends with friends :)  We've had a little tradition to get together and watch some episodes of Friends while eating junk food.  It's been so much fun and I'm gonna miss those girls! 

So, the next morning we packed up the cars and I said my goodbyes to my roommates (very sad) and headed out around 10am.  It was nice to chat with my mom in my car--she drove half the way and I drove the rest.  My dad drove my grandparents' van which is good because he likes to listen to talk radio...not sure how he doesn't fall asleep!  haha  We got back home and unloaded the cars and then drove down to my grandparents house to return their van and pick up our car and dog (Stevie).  I was a little disappointed because he was more excited to see my dad than me, even though he had seen my dad two days before.  He really does love my dad though and it's cute :) 

Anyway, I'm here now in Oregon, trying to unpack everything, organize, sort through what I want to take with me to Nicaragua, donate, or put in storage.  Lots of stuff to go through so I'll be busy!  It's weird how I ended up with all of this stuff and it really makes me want to donate a lot of it because I know I don't really need most of it.  I bet when I get back from Nicaragua I'll get rid of even more when I see how little they have down there.  It will be nice to put things in perspective. 

Well that's about it for now.  I booked my flight for DC and since I'm on the west coast I get to fly in a day early, so hopefully I can check out some things around the city before staging begins.  Can't wait!

1 comment: