Sunday, July 18, 2010

Spanish Camp Week 1

Well, we finished week 1 of our Spanish camp and I felt that it went really well.  We of course were exhausted, me especially because I have my own class to go to before. 

Here's a brief description of my crazy life: Wake up around 7:30am, get ready & eat breakfast.  Go to class (starts at 8:30am)...do class stuff...try not to fall asleep!  Get out of class at 11:45am/noon.  Run home to eat lunch & get materials together for Spanish camp.  Be at Spanish camp at 12:30pm to set up--we have to move the desks everyday because other classes use the rooms :(  Teach Spanish camp 1-3pm. Debrief with Sarah & clean up classroom.  Get home around 3:45pm and unload materials.  Eat, because I'm absolutely starving because my energy has been drained!  Look through Spanish stuff and set out things for tomorrow.  Look through class binder, do homework (reading, definitions...).  Turn on computer for the first time of the day around 6pm.  Check emails...perhaps Facebook too ;)  Eat dinner. More homework & prepare for next day.  Exhaustion sets in.  Eyelids begin to close, then bounce open again.  Pick out clothes for tomorrow (this way I don't have to wake up earlier haha).  Go to bed around 10:30pm.  I hate going to bed early :(  Try to fall asleep. Wake up and do it all over again................

On Friday Sarah and I planned week 2.  A girl in my morning class will be "guest teaching" a lesson in our class on Tuesday for her degree requirements, so that will be fun to see what she brings to the class.  We are looking forward to continuing on with new things, while still reviewing what we already taught.  Our students are catching on to concepts, but we don't want to overwhelm them with too much at once.  Since our goal is not to make these kids fluent Spanish speakers in 3 weeks, we're not too worried :)  We just want them to have fun, learn some Spanish, and hopefully pique their interest so they might pursue studying Spanish or another language later. 

After I got home from planning, I spent a couple hours trying to find a song for this music assignment we have for class.  The assignment is kind of broad, and I love music so I have TONS of songs, but trying to find one that would be good to use in a classroom to teach something (anything and everything) was difficult.  I'm the kind of person who likes things to be more specific...otherwise I will be my perfectionist self and try to find the perfect song with the perfect lesson. haha Ok, I'm not that uptight ;) 

Fortunately, my friends disrupted my search and came over to watch FRIENDS.  We ate cookies and filled the living room with laughs.  That was a much better way to end my Friday night and begin the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment