Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Nerves

So I was observed today for my Spanish class.  I always get a little nervous when I'm being observed, just because I'm always thinking about what I just did wrong or if I forgot something.  Also, I'm always hoping that my students will behave well and remember what I taught them so I don't look dumb haha.  Well, I don't know why we (or I) worry about it so much because after all, we're not prefect.  However, I think it's the thought that what the observers see one day does not necessarily portray what happens every day in class, good or bad.  Not many people really like being evaluated or critiqued, except Monica Geller.

Anyway, the class went well today and my students had a lot of fun making monstruos and counting their body parts--we're working on body parts and numbers right now.  My students even remembered to say everything that I had them memorize the day before to impress my teachers...no just kidding ;)  Really though, they did a good job and they're just beginning with Spanish so I'm just glad to hear them try out new phrases and vocabulary.  I'm proud of my students :)  The only thing I regret is not having a tape recorder to capture all the funny comments that my students make.  It would be hilarious to be a fly on the wall in our class.  I love what kids come up with.  Their imaginations are unbelievable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment