Monday, July 12, 2010

Dust Storm Blows through Spokane

It has been really nice in Spokane this past week and it hasn't rained in awhile.  However, because it hasn't rained, the dust was ready for an adventure.  It was sooo windy today, and I haven't seen many windstorms like the ones in Spokane.  (Maybe I haven't traveled that much, but that's beside the point)  Well, it was windy * dusty!  I could taste dust in my mouth and feel it in my eyes...ugh!  Just to show you a little glimpse of how dusty is was, here are some pictures.  The first one is in the midst of the dust storm--notice the gray "sky"behind the red building...


Well, here is what the dust was hiding...



Yes, the whole south hill of Spokane... It's still a little hazy in this picture, but I thought it was crazy how thick the dust was.

I had the "opportunity" of walking through this while carrying a large easel notepad...not very fun when it's windy.  The thing is awkward enough to carry on any regular day, but when it's windy, the papers fly everywhere, it's flat so the wind pushes against me even harder (imagine walking in the wind with a large piece of cardboard & trying to keep it in your hands and straight), and it almost flew away.  I bet I was funny to watch :)


Well, speaking of the awkward easel notepad...Sarah (my teacher partner) and I taught our first day of Spanish camp today!  We had a total of 14 students and that was such a blessing!  I'm so glad we had so many students, and not too many more, because 14 was enough :)  It was kind of a slow day because it was the first day with introductions, rules, etc. but we tried to make it fun.  We have some rambunctious 6 year old twin boys that like to talk!  It's quite a variety of ages in there, but we are optimistic about the rest of the camp.  We have some sweet kids in there and I'm excited to keep going!

No comments:

Post a Comment